Friday, April 28, 2006

previous posts

I think I'm a closet abba fan, not sure really, I like the meter or movenment of Dancing Queen, i don't know there something about the Swedes. Maybe I have this sweden fetish or something.
There is this band I really enjoy they are called Komeda, which they named themselves after the Polish Composer to best describe them. imagine an austin powers movie or a james bond movie dubbed in swedish.
I remember being a kid, and I used to worry about being cool. the music I listened to, which I found to be very therapeutic was of course heavy metal. As a tenager it seemed to take the edge off. I guess then I knew how to use music and the pwer it has I guess?
being 34 yrs old now I wished I could listen it again with a straight face. but now I feel Old but in a not so bad sort of way. In some ways I feel I've grown up, and yet I didn't want to.
But what exactly what is growing up anyway? yes you get older, but developing tastes in food music and other things, I'm not sure that constitutes as mature sophistication. you tell me.
now back to being cool. We all seem to have this idea of what we like and We hope everyone else thinks its cool too. i guess thats what determines if people likes you or not. anway I remember back to what albums I used to buy.
Slayer Megadeth Anthrax, metal Church, Maiden, Danzig, Misfits Etc, top that with Black Metal T shirts and you get to differentiate yourself between the Jocks the Preps and the geeks. right? so the last that you would want to be caught with is a Motley Crue Tape or Winger or Poison.
Well I remember I went into a record store and baught this tape by Hanoi Rocks.
they were glam band from Finland. since they were a glam band and being from Finland, they were a little different than anyone else. they didn't have an LA sound and they weren't pretty enough I guess to excite Chicks. There songs were a little Odd and at face value a little Cheeesy. Because of this they never really caught on with American audiences. just a small cult following.
I remember buying the tape Self Distruction Blues and let me tell you, i baught other tapes that day, but thats the only one I remember buying, and still own till this day. i got more kicks out of that album that alot of tapes I baught in a long time. to make a long story short. Not many people are into Hanoi Rocks, and not many people knew "IT WAS MY BAG" So I kinda kept it a secret for awhile, until one day I was at a party with a couple of friends. who were listening to crap like Pantera. God I was going to Vomit. i feel very alienated when forced to listen to such dribble. anyway latter after the party was coming to a close This guy david who was not my friend but i thought he was ok. he said to me in a drunkened stupor. "I'm so glad your cool now Craig."
"Whats thats supposed to to mean?" i said. " I remember when you came into Phils records because I used to work there, and You came in baught a hanoi Rocks tape?"
"really?" I said, "well guess what? I still have that tape and I actually like it.
David had no comment after that.
It always seemed like i had defend my ideas, or what I liked. Even though I'm very opinionated when It comes to corporate crap I hear every day. I'm very brutal about it sometimes, and sometimes I just say nothing when someone tells me they like this artist or that one. I don't want someone to have to defend themselves in case I disagree... Unless I have to hear it for a long period of time.
i suppose the point I'm trying to make is that as I get older, I feel I can listen to whateve I Fucking want. something with more variation, I feel I'm too old to be cool, so I can follow my own rules now.
So far this one of the few things I like about getting older.
posted Saturday, 22 January 2005

I'm trying to find a Blog thats fits my rantings, anyway here goes nothing. I'm planning on taking my old blog put these entries here I guess.
later vannilla sky king.
posted Saturday, 22 January 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home