Monday, May 22, 2006

Fugazi Review


Review of Instrument

Fugazi is probably one of the best punk bands around. After seeing the film Instrument I had to buy the cd, of course this took awhile. believe it or not I actually baught it instead of burning it like i have most of the cd's as of yet.
this is the sound track to the film and surprisingly I find it to be meditative, if not a contemplative body of compositions, there are few songs on here towards the end. in some regards Punk Rock does live again
especially after the demise of the dead kennedy's legacy, they seem to have invented the whole Do it yourself attitude, but I believe Fugazi perfected the philosophy, as you can see in the film.
What i love about Fugazi, their music consistently stay at the same price of $10.99 perhaps for almost 20 years. I've never seen them in concert, but they are famous for having concerts with ticket prices at $ 5.00 which is unheard of in the industry. On top of that they have played everywhwere and anywhere, including warehouses schools and festivals. while maintaining their own record label.
if you want to get an idea what music sounds like which defies genre related crap, then get this CD or any from Fugazi.
And support Independant companies if and when you can.

posted Wednesday, 21 December 2005

2005 a bad year for me

After a year of turmoil, hopefully things will go back to normal, now I feel a period of learning is on the horizon since I recently aquired video editing soft ware. Hopefully I can edit in real time like the box says. a collegue of mine recomended it to me so I can take his word for it.
as I said this was a very bad year. it knocked the wind out of me. I just hope 2006 will be kinder and gentler to me. it kind can make one religious if not more spiritual. but the warnings of joing organzised religions or any group that matter, is still there. I gotta remember their tastes in music and beliefs are terrible.
religion is strictly for the masses and not for someone who feels to be an individual.
Merry Christmas from My Household to Yours!!

posted Wednesday, 21 December 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home