Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dell Tech Support Sucks!!!

Dell Tech Support Sucks!!!

I got a Dell computer based on consumer magazines reviews which were very plausible PC magazine claims direct customer support. Which is a bold face lie. and also claim unprecidented customer service. says Joel Santo domingo. he must have been paid off in full to say shit like that.
Joel says

Along with focused customer support, Dell promises remote troubleshooting. This means you can sit back while the support staff troubleshoots your computer remotely from the call center. Your call center agent will also help resolve any issues you have involving third-party software and add-on hardware.

This is another lie. Twice I've had to call these morons and I'd be on the phone for three hours each time. there is no body focused over there, and You do not have a service agent. the people you talked too are random no name people, who don't speak very well.
Another excellent feature is the inclusion of a 15-month subscription to the McAfee Internet Security Suite, now standard on XPS systems. The suite includes antivirus, firewall, antispam, antispyware, and privacy protection.

The Fire Wall is only temporary you have to buy that from Macaffe other complaints of reviews. One reviewer compared it to buying a Lexus. For example he said once the computer comes to your home. It comes with a slick black card that says Dell, complete with information with your own Dell tech support agent. When in reality the card is not slick or black, it's card board cheap business card with service tag and express code and 800 number but the info on the card does not directly go to anyone. this is a lie, and these Electronic consumer reports are fabricated, or perhaps These computer companies are given a heads up if these Electronic reviewers are going to be calling them and they just go through basic problems that is easily solved. so in that regard, I find this misleading and dishonest.

According to CNET on support they give them all a score of ten
Service and supportAssesses the company's service and support policies, including the term of the warranty (parts and labor); the turnaround time for repairs; whether onsite service is provided; and technical support via phone (toll-free), e-mail, and the Web.

Budget: 10 percent
Midrange: 10 percent
Performance: 10 percent
Business: 10 percent
Media Centers: 10 percent
What the numbers mean10.0 (Perfect):This exceedingly rare score is reserved for a product that is as perfect as it could be.
to Me this is an outrage!! What is Rick Broida smoking?
From PC World written by Mike Lockey

WHAT ELSE: For connecting USB devices, the Dimension XPS has an impressive total of ten USB 2.0 ports--two up front behind a door located on the top portion of the front panel, and eight on the back of the case. The PC also has one FireWire port up front and three (included with the Movie Studio Plus add-in) in back, for connecting compatible digital camcorders, hard drives, or other high-speed devices. Movie Studio Plus also includes a breakout box that gives you the connections you need to convert analog video to digital or vice versa.

My biggest problem since I baught the computer. which is for video editing the main thing I wanted to make sure it had was a Fire Wire Port, which sadly did not have. we called Tech support and complained about it. We got swindled in into buying it thinking we were going to be reimbursed. but have not so far.

My over all experience with Dell Tech support has been a nightmare. I have not been able to kick bacck and relax with these guys. tomorrow I have to call them on the phone wait several hours and see if I can get that credit like I have told I would. I was going to get a call back within a 24 to 48 hour period. that was five days ago. ok this is what I'm going to tell them.

if they don't reimburse me for a part that should have been on the computer in the first place. Then after I pay the computer off. I'm going to remind the person on the phone that I am a customer and I because of my experience with Dell as a customer, that I'm not satisfied with my service. and since i had a horrible time on small matters like this?. then after I pay off the computer. I will not be purchasing an extended waranty which would add up to 300 dollars in the long run. Plus I have been looking in the market for a video projector which Dell has. and the price varies from $699 to $3,499 Plus I am looking for a new flat screen tv 26 inch. Which goes for like 1,000 dollars.

Because of this experience i will not be making any Major Purchases with Dell. I could get a tv or projector with a specific piece absolutely missing and instead sending the missing piece they will make me buy it. which is wrong.

So that is my gripe. The Computer runs fine. I downloaded my games and my adobe premiere elements software. things are ok... again So far. but no more major purchases like this again.
Fuck that Shit and Fuck Dell And Fuck the Dell Tech Support!!!

posted Wednesday, 11 January 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home