Sunday, April 30, 2006

(sic)

Over the years I have thumbed through some political conservative papers and magazines and when I read it, i see this (sic) in some of the articles. I first noticed this in college. Now I never heard people actually say it. I'm curious if its short for something?
In a sentence It seems kind of subliminal. for example
Suzie went to the grocery store and baught a coloring book and some crayons and began coloring (sic) dolphins and a mongoose and Chickens. suzie had Fun!!!
I am very curious as to what the Fuck this means. Now that sentence was entirely mine but I see this when discussing democrats. I wanna know what this means.
posted Sunday, 23 January 2005
function pS(p){if(p.height>48){p.height=48;}}
El Borak made this comment,
Hi, Craig. (sic) means "thus, so", and is used in a quatation to indicate that an error or misspelling is in the original passage being quoted.
For example, I used it in this passage, "the straight and wholly(sic)" to indicate that even though "wholly" should have been "holy", I'm retaining the original author's usage.
It has nothing to do with Democrats and everything to do with respecting the author enough to not change his words, even to fix them...
comment added :: 23rd January 2005, 17:28 GMT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home