Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hostel Review


Hostel

okay this movie, I don't see what all the hype is all about, except just hype, I found it laughable and yet still watchable. Eli Roth is still an amature film maker, at least with contents of the story. this movie amounted to nothing more than just another teenager movie or college kids going nuts. the edge it presumes it has leaves me feeling unfullfilled. Like the movie high tension. I was too caught up with other things in the film to be scared about anything. Like how hot the girl was doing all the killing. I have mixed feeling about that movie.
I liked the locations and saw this to be more of a travel log film than say an actual horror film. The scenery was absolutely breath taking, and makes me want to visit europe as soon as possible. Despite what the movie was trying to acomplish with using the stereo types of europe is so strange and nazi like that they hate americans so much that they want to pay to kill tourists. Why should we be afraid of europeans anyway? Americans are just as bloody as anyone else across the pond. which is a an expression that I loathe to hear. because its not funny.

this movie feels like very Racist in attitude, like the characters in the film more than likely reflect the film makers attitude about how they feel about europeans. perhaps secretly. I say this because I feel compelled to ask why should I be afraid of someone from another part of the world? this doesn't make sense. I know there are some rough parts of europe, but america feels like a toxic dump half the time. I just find the theme laughable. it's just feels unrealistic to me.
I also feel this movie doesn''t deserve to be the number one movie in america. Because It was a major disappointment with the scare factor, which was very little. It was kind of erie, but not much. there was one scene with the dangling eye ball which was kind of sick but thats about it. I found it very hard to believe Doctors or rich people would pay lots of money just to kill people in a abandon warehouse. This place where all the torture happens. I was so captivated by it because I wanted to buy it, and turn it into a smashing Art Gallery with Video Art and kinetic Sculptures. I really liked this place. I wasn't frightened buy it at all, and neither was anybody else in the theatre.

If I were you I'd go see Euro Trip because At least it's a comedy.
if there going to be naming places in europe that might be to dangerous or a place your likely to get killed, I might as well name some shitty places in America as well.
Toledo Ohio, Berea Ky, detroit, any place in florida, Covington Ky, waco texas, there was a show on The Learning Channel where all the weird crimes happened in canada, which shoots a whole in Micheal Moores theory that Canada is a the safest place in the world.
Ok I'll go one better, if for some reason I get killed, here is a list of places I want to get killed, if it were brutal.

anywhere in eastern europe. or south america. I would like to be brutally murdered somewhere in the french Riviera. maybe eaten alive in the Swiss Alps. maybe blown up in wore torn Yugoslavia. or if sadly I am murdered in The USA. Perhaps Gangsta Style. then I have to die somewhere in the Real Hood by real Gangsta's who live and breathe the hood.
what I'm talking about , Is I'm tired of watching movies where white privledged kids go out and get into a little trouble, in places there not from. You know these idiots going to other peoples countries and treated other peoples women like prostitutes, deserve to get killed.

I liked the think if I went somewhere else I would be more respectful, instead of just getting high and messing up other peoples stuff, nor do I want use beautiful things in europe and twist them around, and make everybody a lurking nazi raging to get out. I'm tired of movies placing our prejudices, in the guise of a horror film. And I'm supposed to be excited it's a true story? Eli Roth And Quentin Tarantino have a lot to learn about film making

posted Saturday, 14 January 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home