Thursday, May 25, 2006

ON THE ROAD


Review of On the Road

Now that I am finished Now I know why people are creaming in their pants over this book. It's great. but that is an understatement. it shows Borroughs at his most weird, and not even in Burroughs words. Sometimes you can't see how weird you are unless someone else points it out to you. I don't even think Burroughs knew how weird he was.
Strong chapters thus far. In part 2 is chapter five- seven eight. just really good stuff. i just wish I didn't put reading this book off when I was a kid.

Neal Cassiday was a trip. he kept refering to people as "Kicks" I feel now that neal was definetly Jacks Muse. he got him laid he kept the party going, and in the midst of all this partying he always remined jack to observe life and all it's glory. the trip to mexico alone was very powerful stuff. I wish everybody had a friend like Dean or Neal cassiday, I wish I had one to inspire me to write. In reading this book I must it is the first Novel I read in over nine years. I read lots of poetry lately but not a novel. so I feel good about this.
Get this book I highly recomend it.

posted Wednesday, 15 March 2006

Bee Dreams 4th so far in 5 yrs

last night I dreamed that I was standing on the sidewalk, I think was 6th street in newport by the high school

all around me bees swarming but also there therewere giant bumble bees about 1 1/2 inch in length. these giant Bumble bees were in mid flight but in suspended animation. I always seem to be dreaming about about bees who can't move and then come to life. but there was something else. Koi pond fish where also present among the Bees. Each bee and each fish with their own individual movement frozen in time.

posted Tuesday, 14 March 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home