Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Slouching Towards Nirvana review


Review of Slouching Toward Nirvana : New Poems

Still reading the guy and can't get enough, I'm so surprised how a guy on the verge of death still maintains a certain amount of edge that most people lose after awhile. Bukowski was in his prime when most writers where getting soft after become famous.
Not his best collection of poems but well worth the read.

posted Tuesday, 21 February 2006


IHOP tragic service I left Hungry

I went to IHOP hungry, It was my first time ever visiting your establishment. I must say I waited quite ahwile without a greeter. when we were seated the table was dirty with an empty coffee pot. we were given our menu's. Again we Waited quite a while before anyone took our oder.
We had a very tall quiet waiter who wanted take our order before cleaning off our table. We asked if he could please clean our table. he walks away without taking the coffee pot or saying anything. he then tends to other customers Which really Pissed me off, After waiting a couple of more minutes. We decided to leave. and thats when Our waiter finally showed up with a wash cloth to clean our table. by that time I've already decided to leave. the waiter didn't apolgise nor seemed to care if we stayed or got a tip or anything. it was his lathargic attitude that repelled me to leave your restaurant.

In your Restaurant there was no identifiable manager so that we could complain, and there was no attempt to apologise by our server or a manager to rectify this eroneous problem.
We Left the Ihop at the Anderson Town Center and went to a Perkins in Northern Ky. I ordered an omellete just Like I never got to order at the IHOP. I had a good meal and was very satisfied with perkins with it's excellent service and polite servers. To which I gave My waitress a five dollar tip for $20.00 dinner for two.

Perhaps IHOP could be a better establishment then Perkins. But I will never know since first impressions are very important to me.
perhaps you can do better next time for future customers.
Also will add this is going to be posted on my blog.

posted Saturday, 18 February 2006

Me made this comment,

IHOP restaurants are FILTHY!!!
If you get coffee or soda, there's usually something disgusting floating in your beverage! I don't think they even clean the drinking glasses and coffee cups there.
I'd be afraid to eat at an IHOP because the dishes probably have viruses and bacteria all over them.
This has been a problem at IHOP restaurants not just in Cincinnati but also in other areas.


comment added :: 20th February 2006, 17:35 GMT

Fasslers Florist shop in Ft Wright KY Sucks!!!

A letter I sent to Fasslers Florist
The fact the flowers I ordered from you got to the place Long after after everyone else got their flowers pretty much ruined the surprise of sending someone a dozen roses. Now because of this, next year I have to try Much harder.
and I promise I won't be ordering from your company because you sucked the romance out
of my Valentines Day and my wifes. If 'I'm going to be buying a dozen Roses I'm going with a much bigger company. Your reprentative failed to tell when they might get there. or if they will be late.

$60 was an expensive failure

Abuelo's Blows!!!

The Mexican Embassy Blows!!!!
I never really thought of writing revues of restuarants but here goes
Atmosphere: gets an A+ For a franchise the place was beautiful
Waiter: A++ he was the coolest guy you ever would meet
Food : C- the food was terrible in the realm of authentic mexican cuisine
Price: F- for 34 dollars it wasn't worth it, I have had better mexican food with Taco making kits that you can get at the grocery store. Mix with Choulo Sauce and Yummy!!!
Ortega or Old EL Paso is awesome, even from Taco Bell. And taco Bell is an abomination against mexico or anything remotely TEX MEX
Even Chi's Chi's tasted more authentic then Abuelo's, and they Suck!!!
This place is not worth the time and effort. don't waste your time eat taco's at home!!!
I ordered two Fajita's for my wife and eye. not much is the sizzling department. the steak tasted good.

but the pico degallo was sub par. instead of refried beans I got bean soup, which I can make at home. instead of tortilla soup I got corn beaf hash like chunks in the soup, which was creepy. the tortilla was lame and the Salsa was mild. The restaurant was horribly understaffed for a restaurant that had just opened.

posted Tuesday, 14 February 2006


Peter Benchley Dies

NEW YORK - Peter Benchley, whose novel "Jaws" terrorized millions of swimmers even as the author himself became an advocate for the conservation of sharks, has died at age 65, his widow said Sunday
Wendy Benchley, married to the author for 41 years, said he died Saturday night at their home in Princeton, N.J. The cause of death, she said, was idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, a progressive and a fatal scarring of the lungs.
Thanks to Benchley's 1974 novel, and Steven Spielbergs's blockbuster movie of the same name, the simple act of ocean swimming became synonymous with fatal horror, of still water followed by ominous, pumping music, then teeth and blood and panic.
Spielberg certainly made the most superb movie; Peter was very pleased," Wendy Benchley told The Associated Press.
"But Peter kept telling people the book was fiction, it was a novel, and that he no more took responsibility for the fear of sharks than Mario Puzo took responsibility for the Mafia."
Besides his wife, Peter Benchley is survived by three children and five grandchildren. A small family service will take place next week in Princeton, Wendy Benchley said.

posted Sunday, 12 February 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home