Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sad News

Death of Kenny Young

I went to the studio at CPC, where I do my editing. Just as I was preparing. Jen came into the room and asked me if I knew Kenny Young.
As I looked into her eyes I knew exactly what she was talking about. I didn't say anything, but I knew. Kenny Had died last thursday due to ongoing battle with Leukemia. Whats funny or peculiar You never know what you think of some one until they are gone. I mean I always liked him. and yet I never really knew the guy. I mean who was Kenny? My observations He was mysterious and yet down to earth.
Kenny to my knowledge He was a producer of many tv programs on the Phenomenon of UFO's. Over the years He has earned the reputation of being an expert in fact has been on a couple of TV Programs like Sightings and has been interviewed by Author Whitley Strieber. Which I had no Idea until just now. Also,
Young's UFO investigations have also been featured nationally on the 2-hour NBC Television program "CONFIRMATION" as well as "SIGHTINGS on The Sci-Fi Channel." He has appeared on numerous radio programs including "Strange Days Indeed with Errol Bruce Knapp," "The Jeff Rense Show," "Coast to Coast A.M. with Art Bell," "Late Night with George Noory," "The Sci-Zone with Bill Boshears," "The X-Zone with Rob McConnell," "The Jim Hickman Report" and many others.
With this much creditials Kenny has maintained a down to earth style in which everyone should emulate.
After Jen told me the Bad News I found it very difficult to get into editing my current project. Reason why is because of a superstition of mine, which is silly. and yet It seems to happen that people I know tend to Die in February
My Friend Rick, Peggy, A woman I used to date. She died of Cancer. My wife's Grandmother.
These are just a few examples, not hardly enough to say there is an epidemic. It's just something I've noticed. maybe because of these Deaths I've develope a bleak picture that surrounds the coldest most treacherous winter month.
This feeling is something I've had a great deal in shaking off. maybe its a guilt of some sort. Maybe I could have saved Rick or Peggy? I don't know, all I know is that I think about them sometimes... But this Post isn't about them. it's about Kenny.
I remeber Kenny was in one of the editing suites and He was looking at video tape. A woman sent him a impassioned letter about her UFO experiences. Kenny had a delema. On the tape was nothing more than just light reflecting off a satellite. Kenny Asked Me what I thought.
"How do I tell this woman that this isn't a UFO?"
This is the Kenny that I remember, considerate thoughtful and not one to step on people who have experiences that they don't undertstand. I really appreciated that he would ask me what I thought unfortuntately we both saw the same thing. A satellite.
Kenny man Sorry Your gone. it's not going to be the same without you, and I know there a Many people down here that already miss you. I was routing for you. If there is intelligent life else could you let me know some how?
I know its a Crazy Idea.


posted Tuesday, 8 February 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home